I neither believe in love being glorified on a special day nor celebrating it commercially. Love has to be cherished all throughout our life, like food, right enough to make us glow and grow. That is exactly why I cannot say ‘no’ to love or cup cakes served any time of the year.
Chocolatey cup cakes
This is a perfect last minute recipe for a Valentine’s day chocolate cake. No eggs added and very easy to bake. Chocolatey, soft and with a creamy, sweet top this cake will surely kindle some tender romance. This recipe is adapted from ‘Best recipes ever’ as shown on CBC. I tried it and the result was sweet.
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
4 tsp vinegar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 cups icing sugar
1/4 cup whipping cream
1 tsp vanilla
- Whisk flour, brown sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- Add water, vegetable oil and vanilla and whisk until combined.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Scoop cake mixture into mini cupcake cups placed in a cup cake pan.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Beat butter and icing sugar gently.
- Add cream and vanilla and beat until everything is mixed and smooth.
- Fit an icing bag with a star tip and starting from the edge, pipe icing around and end in the center.