The year is coming to an end and it has been a sweet, hot, sour, bitter and salty year with a lot of tears all around the world. I tried to make my year a little spicy and sizzling but I am not sure how successful I was!
Thinking of sweet and sour and spicy this Pine apple spicy curry comes to my mind. Pineapple with yogurt is the only curry I made for quite some time and it became repetitive and monotonous after a while. So I gave a twist to Pineapple Thai curry with a fusion of some home ingredients and surprisingly it turned out to be a crowd pleaser. My party guests approved it and wanted to try it. Here is the recipe for those who became a fan of this curry.
- 1 pineapple – medium size cut into small pieces
- 1 tsp sambar powder/curry powder
- 1tsp garam masala
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 tomato diced
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- a pinch cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- Salt as needed
- Few curry leaves
- In a heavy bottomed pan add water to the chopped pineapple pieces and cook until tender.
- Make a paste by mixing the curry powder with water and add to the cooked pineapple.
- Add turmeric powder, cinnamon powder and red chilli powder when it is boiling.
- Pour 1 cup of coconut milk into the cooked pineapple.
- Add 1 cup of vegetable broth to the curry and simmer.
- In another pan heat oil and crackle cumin seeds.
- Fry chopped garlic and onion till translucent.
- Add diced tomato and fry until it is cooked into a mush.
- When oil separates, add garam masala and stir.
- Pour this into the pineapple curry and mix well.
- Let the curry simmer for a few minutes.
- Add salt and garnish with some fresh curry leaves.
This curry goes well with rice dishes and Chappati or Naan.
Wow – this sounds amazing! I think I have never eaten anything like it. Must give it a try! Happy New Year to you!
Thank you! I have made this curry a couple of times by now! It is quite yummy!
I can’t wait to try this!
Go ahead! It tastes yummo!