Cantaloupe is in season, cubed and spread on a platter, a few pieces are eaten with zeal. After the seventh piece comes, ‘okay, we are done!’ I, personally think it has a weird taste. So, how to make everyone enjoy cantaloupes? A shake, a power drink is the easiest way to get the goodness of the fruit into the system. To add a ton of taste and nutrition I tried this dainty shake.
- Cantaloupe, cut into chunks after removing skin and seeds
- Grated coconut to extract the milk – 2 cups or coconut cream from a can
- Honey – 2 tbsp.
- A small chocolate block
- Crush grated coconut in a blender using 2 tbsp. hot water.
- Squeeze the milk through a strainer using a spoon to compress the coconut paste
- Blend the cantaloupe chunks in a blender until smooth
- Combine coconut milk, cantaloupe juice and honey and blend adding some ice
- Fill a glass with the shake, add some coconut milk and grated chocolate on top
If coconut milk extraction seems to be a chore, simply substitute it with store-bought canned coconut milk. Almond or soy milk can also be a substitute.
Sip it as a healthy breakfast drink.
Cantaloupe – vitamins A, B6 ,C , calcium and potassium, source of antioxidants and dietary fibers.
Coconut – rich source of manganese phosphorus iron Coconut milk helps in warding off colds and coughs by keeping the immune system healthy. It supplies vitamin C to the body which boosts the immune system
Honey contains (low levels) of nutritious vitamins and minerals
(Just for this recipe…it will not happen again.)